Saturday, November 5, 2011

3 Year Anniversary



Today marks the three year anniversary of my ankle surgery. Hard to believe that for a while, this blog was one of the only things getting me through the recovery. It's hard to believe that I updated it every single day (or close to it), and that now, I update once a year. I'm so happy to be at that "one a year update" point.

So at this three year mark... I now teach 7 classes a week (on top of my full time job, of course). I teach for 24 Hour Fitness, Equinox and now Nike. I've completed a half marathon in a very competitive time and am currently training for my second. More importantly, I rest when I need to rest and I find myself giving the same advice to others that used to go in one of my ears and out the other. I guess this is what "growing up" is all about. I train hard, but I also train in multiple disciplines, including Bikram Yoga. Me? Yoga? Yep. And it's hot too, 105 degrees, 60% humidity "hot."

Lots of changes have occurred in me mentally and physically. As I look back at the last post I wrote, on my second anniversary, I'm proud to say I've grown so much from that point, and look forward to how much I will grow in the next 365 days. I never realized what an important tool this blog could be, for me as a person. I'm also so happy that I've been able to help others out there, going through the same things. Please continue to post comments and ask questions, as I will always respond. There's also a little facebook group out there, you can check it out, just search "Calcaneal Osteotomy".

I've also grown a lot in my knowledge of nutrition, and I share my knowledge and thoughts about health, fitness, nutrition and motivation on a new web site, http://www.LiveWholeBeFree.com. Please feel free to check it out.

Until next year, take care of yourselves, and feel free to comment and I shall respond!

Peace, love and healthy ankles,

Melissa

5 comments:

Shellie said...

Congratulations Liss! You are truly an amazing woman and I'm impressed by your transformation and great attitude!

Melissa said...

Thanks Shellie! You're the best!! xo

Cristen said...

Wow I'm really glad I read this. I am having this surgery on the 13th and was seriously thinking about backig out. I have had three previous surgeries to try to stabilize my ankle and they have all been unsuccessful.:o( I have been reading up on this and every blog I have read (excluding yours) has talked about how horrible it is. Thank you for the inspiration:o)... I also lead a very active lifestyle and am dreading the down time but you have been very helpful. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

hello liss, with the help of God, give me your help, well I write because I'm going through the hardest time of my life, several years ago suffered a traffic accident and caused me foot deformity, now I underwent to surgery triple arthrodesis (ankle fusion) and tenotomy of the Achilles' heel, I have the feet stiff and sore, I am writing because they know that pain and wanted to help me to see if my case commented that physicians helped.
The question I ask the doctors es. Ankle fusion movement is possible to give?

Thanks for everything.

I hope to answer.

hernan jose carrillo , I need help

email - elvalle101@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

hello liss, I can collaborate with doctors who helped you, I am Colombiano, and I really need it.

hernan jose carrillo.

elvalle101@hotmail.com