Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 64+


Ankle Overview_72
Originally uploaded by megalitz
My 9 week anniversary was yesterday! Awww...yay...how fun. I'm doing okay. It feels the exact same, but I do have increased flexibility. I took all of the wedges out of my boot today, so my foot is actually sitting relatively flat. That is a huge improvement since I got the cast off. So, three weeks ago.

One more week until my next doctor's appointment, which then I think is the appointment where we try to put some weight on it. Mixed feelings about that so far. I should be excited, but from the "tests" I've done so far, I'm nowhere near ready for that. I still have a LOT of pain in the bones on the top of my foot, and the ball of my foot. The heel is sore still from the inside out, but I don't feel it that often. It's pretty sore all over by the end of the day. So I'm still doing half a vicodin, but its a low dosage and the Dr AND Katie said it was okay so I'm trying not to feel so guilty. But I am doing my alphabet and icing, so that makes me feel good.

Yesterday my alarm went off, and I accidentally kinda sorta stepped off of the bed with the wrong foot. OH. MY. GOD. That's all I have to say. So painful. The pain was immediate though, and didn't last, so I suppose that's good. I feel like it's a little bruised, like when you roll your ankle, theres a large area on the outside of my ankle and heel that I cannot feel, so gross, along with some definite swelling that just seems to sit in the bottom of my foot, the bottom of my heel is so squishy to the touch, totally disgusting.

Pain is the same, Quote: Oh you're kidding...I took the book home so I would have it near me while posting, and now I'm not at home, figures. :)

4 comments:

kurtcruse said...

Sooo I had no idea this blog even existed until I saw your pic on facebook today. This is awesome. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well, you're very brave.

Melissa said...

haha! oh man, then you have a lot of reading and catching up to do! :) thanks for the comment! i'm trying to be brave!

mandimacaroni said...

I am 8 and a half weeks post op and I found your blog like a week before my surgery, it really helped calm my fears because of how it went for you. Today I started walking without crutches, I have the boot and next week I attempt to walk without the boot. It is crazy how out recoveries are so different!

Liss said...

Hi there! I'm so glad you're doing so well and that the blog helped calm your fears!! It's such a crazy ordeal! Wishing you the best with the rest of your recovery! I also started a facebook group if you're interested! :) Hopefully this link works, but the name of the group is Calcaneal Osteotomy

- Liss

https://www.facebook.com/groups/129367337091099/?ref=br_tf