Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 69+


DSC01004_72
Originally uploaded by megalitz
Is this not the most beautiful ankle you have ever seen?! (Dead serious)! The pic is day 66+. This thing looks amazing! It's starting to feel much better too. It's hard for me to notice the progress, but people are starting to notice that I am better. I am up more and for longer periods of time. I can keep my foot down for HOURS now, oh my gosh, hooray!

I ice during the day now, I started this last week. There's more swelling than I think there should be, and I'm determined to get it down. My heel is squishy, it's gross. There's a part of the outside of my heel I can't touch, it makes me dizzy, and when I cross my legs it displaces some tendon, very strange feeling. But it looks so darn good!

Friday I was feeling extremely anxious and had had a couple beers and decided to put a LITTLE bit of pressure on it while in the boot WITH the assistance of my crutches and I found that i COULD! I even tried it the next day, sans beers, and I COULD! So I am assuming the the Dr. will tell me Friday that this is okay, or I wouldn't be attempting it. I really don't want to mess this up!

It gets very sore at the end of the day. I went a couple days w/o pain meds just as a reality check to make sure I could, and I can and I did. It hurt and I didn't sleep worth a sh*t, but I can. I'm cutting it in half anyways, so that's good, but it helps me get better rest. The ball of my foot and the bones on top still REALLY hurt. All the time. I hope that goes away next. :)

Doc. appointment Friday, wish me luck. Maybe I'll be able to swim soon. I hope so, I'm getting really mushy!! My tummy is like the Pillsbury dough boy. Hehee!

Pain: 0-1 during the day, 10 if I put too much weight on it, and 1 at the end of the day.

Quote: "We acquire the strength we have overcome." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: