Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 85+

Day 85 post op. 12 week anniversary was yesterday. Whoa. No photo today, sadly. My camera battery is dead and I spilled milk on the charger and now it's broken. :)

I went a week of working out, non-stop, a combo of swimming and stationary bike, before my first PT appt last Friday. That day was 7 days after I saw the Doc, who told me I would be off of my crutches in 5-7 days. Well, I sacrificed walking for my workouts that week, so I was still on them, and not happy about it. 

The physical therapist told me to concentrate on walking before going back to the gym. Smart man. :) So I took 5 days off, I can kinda walk now. Not all day long, but today was the first day I only brought one crutch to work, and I left it in the car. :) It hurts, don't get me wrong, but I'm tired of not being able to walk, so I really don't care how much it hurts, it's time to walk. And I'm not being stupid, the Doc said it would hurt to start walking, but that I wasn't doing any damage. And I'm off pain meds, happily. I'm just tired of taking them, it's annoying. I'm ready for my real life again! 

I got my body fat % tested yesterday, so that I can look back in six months and be so proud of how far I've come. I was putting it off because I knew I was not going to be happy with my new number, I was in pretty good shape pre-op, then was sedentary up until now. So my muscles have atrophied quite a bit, any muscle I have left is now very mushy. *vomit*. So the trainer told me my number, and sure enough, I'm not happy. 9% higher than pre-op. I had to hold back tears. But, that motivates me. I have a long way to go, but nothing motivates you more than the trainer grabbing your stomach fat to test how fat it really is. Argh! So then I went to the grocery store...I'm going to get my body fat tested before I go grocery shopping every time—I left there with not one unhealthy thing. :) Ha.

That's enough for now. Hopefully pictures soon.

Pain: Bad in the mornings, bad at night, decent during the day. 
Quote: "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Gandhi

1 comment:

Kimbers said...

Hi!

Couldn't help but comment. You have come such a long way. I see you now and I can tell you are happier. You are even stronger than before and I didn't think it was possible because you are already the strongest girl I know. You'll be back running around in circles before you even know it!

And the body fat thing, that's not because you are lazy, it's because you were not ALLOWED to move for like EVER. I know you didn't say you thought you were lazy or anything but if you are holding back tears it means you think poorly of yourself and that's not cool. Seriously I think I'm way over the % body fat you have and I don't have a sawed off bone! feel better yet? That was my intention.

love u