Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day 174+


DSC01527_72
Originally uploaded by megalitz
Lovely photo, isn't it?! Yes, I know. My pride and joy right there.

I'm walking a bit better. It's still very sore, it feels a little bit better than when the screw was in there, but I can't really tell for sure yet. The whole area is still so sore from surgery, ugh. I still can't touch the outside of my foot, nor can I touch my heel of course...it still has stitches in it, for another week. So it's sandals for me for a while!

My soon-to-be sister-in-law, Ana, so kindly donated her bike to me, so after my Dad and Juan spent some time fixin' it all up for me, they're so wonderful, I finally took it out yesterday afternoon. I don't think I've ridden a bicycle that wasn't permanently adhered to the gym floor in oh...say...10 or 15 years. Okay, that's a lie, I rode once a couple years ago. Anyways, it was tricky at first, but after a lap around the block, I felt confident enough to take it for a real ride. So I "biked" my errands yesterday. So much fun! And today, my legs hurt in a strange way. Not like the muscles inside hurt like when you normally get sore, but my legs hurt to touch... like even my skin hurts! It's very odd, but that's okay. I'm excited to have this new bike to play with. Hopefully I'll be running in the next 2 weeks, but, *sigh* I will bike for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having surgery 11/27,was great to read your blog.
My concern is I have no pain until I occasionally twist the ankle, PAINFUL! Never knowing when that will happen! It's scarey.
Doctor says to prevent ankle replacement I must have surgery. Ankle is too "flimsy" sorta speak, ligaments should be tighten. Well wish me good results and thank you for sharing.

Melissa said...

Good luck! I'm not sure if you're having the complete osteotomy or if you're just getting soft tissue repaired, but if you're having the osteotomy, make sure you get a 2nd and possibly 3rd opinion before doing so, as it is a major surgery. The soft tissue is a breeze (comparitvely speaking) :) Good luck!