Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 26+


DSC00562_72
Originally uploaded by megalitz
Well, the good news is: November 5th is no longer visible when I pull up my iCal, which is great, the surgery date is further and further away, theoretically meaning I am closer to recovery and feeling better each day. The bad news is: I am not feeling better. Its like one step forward, three steps back. I was hoping for vice-versa.

I can only have my foot down for a minute or so, and now when I do, my toes go completely purple, and fast. They appear to be dead, like my circulation is cut off. A nurse friend of mine says it doesn't look good, so that concerns me. I am having a lot of pain in my heel, but not just there now. When I put my foot down I feel pressure on the inside of my foot as well. This is new. Me=not happy.

I'm so frustrated right now. I just began to be able to start doing more things, which is great, and now I feel like that's being yanked away from me. I'm only okay when I'm at home, in my bed, and not moving. I'm beginning to get a little depressed, which REALLY sucks because I have been so overly happy for the past 3 weeks, week 4 is proving to be quite stressful and frustrating thus far.

Pain: 3
Quote: And thank God for this quote today, maybe this will get me through this "super" Monday.... "Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." -John Wooden

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh i like that quote a lot...i see it is becoming harder and harder to stay positive...which I do think you were doing a great job with in the beginning.

But it is ok to cry and get upset because this is upsetting...its completely different than the live you live as an active person. So it makes a lot of sense that mentally this is very difficult.

Kudos to you for being still quite positive in my opinion...you may feel discouraged but I know you are a strong woman and you will be able to overcome this.

I heart you.