Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day 42+, 6 weeks post-op!


DSC00494_72
Originally uploaded by megalitz
Yes, this picture is old. I was looking through my "ankle" photos to choose which one I was going to post with this...post... and I saw this and just couldn't believe it... I can't even believe that this happened, that this is me in this photo, that this whole crazy charade actually occurred. 6 weeks ago. I barely remember this photo. I mean, I do, but..wow. It was so long ago!

I feel good. I mean, it hurts, don't get me wrong, but I feel like it hurts today because I was hard on it yesterday. I "worked out" for 30 minutes. Now, bear in mind that my "work out" is much different than a work out I would do pre-op. This thirty minutes is spent switching between ab work, arm work, and leg lifts. Bo-ring. But it made me feel like I was really doing something, so that's good. I'm going to keep it up. But seriously, I am sore today. Ridiculous!

The not-working-out thing is really starting to get to me. I'm starting to over-analyze everything. I do this to some extent anyways, but it just gets a whole lot worse at times like these. Simple things, are oh-so-complicated for me. I started writing the details, but... I'll spare you. Anyways. it's temporary, or so I tell myself. :)

Pain: it varies. Before half a vicodin: 3. After: 0.5
Quote: "When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." - Audre Lorde. Well, Audre, I don't know about you, but I am quite fearful of Friday morning. Great, I am now talking back to the quotes. I'm really losing it. ;) Has anyone seen my cookie?

No comments: