Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Day 27+ post op, Day 14+ cast #1


DSC00563_72
Originally uploaded by megalitz
I have to specify cast #1 b/c I am going back to the Dr. this Friday, earlier than planned, to have the cast removed, foot examined, and casted again. I'm having more pain than usual, I feel a lot of pressure on the inside of my foot, the heel, the toes, etc. Different pains than before, too. I can only have my foot down for a minute or so, before toes are completely purple and im in quite a bit of pain. as soon as i elevate my foot, my toes regain their normal color, within seconds. but why are they going numb, and so much more often now than ever? the cast is getting looser, so... what gives? the dr. assistant said i probably have done too much on it, and need to stay off of it. which is humorous, considering i cant actually "be" on it since i am still NWB. but even laying in bed last night, it was going numb. very uncomfortable. im so uncomfortable, its starting to drive me a little mad. not crazy mad, just a little. its hard at night, i have a really hard time getting comfortable. i just want to cry out of sheer frustration. im getting tired, depressed, etc. i just want to sleep the days away until this is over.

its been almost four weeks now, and its really sinking in that i havent exercised. my body knows, i can feel it everywhere, especially mentally. i feel like i am going to crawl out of my skin. i need to stay sedated somehow, so that i can remain calm and get through this. the good news about being depressed is that you dont want to be excited, happy or run around. you just want to sleep. its sad, i know, but its hard. granted, im not nearly as bad as i thought i would be, but that doesn't make getting through it any easier. *sigh*

I know I'm closer and closer to getting through this, and I know I will, and I'll be just fine in the end. I know that. :) But seriously, my back hurts from sitting in the same position for four weeks. :)

Pain: You know, I should have rated my numbness/tingling from the start. Oh well.... Pain: 3, with lots of tingling...falling asleep feeling.
Quote: "Life is like riding a bicycle. You don't fall off unless you stop pedaling." -Claude Pepper ...I have bad news for Claude.... I can't pedal right now, I only have one leg!!! :)

pic is still from day 13+.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awe! :( I'm sorry you are so frustrated. I wish I could magically fix this for you and you wouldn't have to go through all this pain.

Are you able to do art or something while you are sitting or lying down? I guess it's probably hard to find the energy for that...but maybe its worth a try...might make you feel better.

How many more days or weeks will it be before you are doing physical therapy of some sort?

I love ya hon - this will all be over soon. <3

Melissa said...

thanks for the sweet and uplifting comments shells, i appreciate it! there are many many days left i think until PT, i dont really know. i will ask the doctor on my next visit, but i dont plan on doing a whole lot until i can get the pain to go away. :) but i am trying to stay positive! i do actually have a TON of stuff i need to work on, so that keeps me busy, but it's hard to work on your laptop with the little trackpad for a mouse using like two fingers for 14 hours a day. :)