Monday, December 15, 2008

Day 40+


DSC00658_72
Originally uploaded by megalitz
I'm close to 6 weeks post op and feeling better physically and worse mentally. My Dad made a good point... I had told him that I really didn't feel any improvement in my ankle, that it still hurt as much as it did three weeks ago. However, 3-4 weeks ago, I was on pain pills all day, with a pain level of 3 or 4. Now I'm off pain meds, with a pain level of 3 or 4. And actually, I'm really at a 0 when I wake up in the morning, and it begins to hurt worse and worse as the day progresses. But never above a 3...or 4...

It feels good today. Hurt yesterday, but I over worked it yesterday and payed the price immediately. :) I'm supposed to get the cast off on Friday, but I am scared b/c I feel I have too much pain to be in a walking boot at this point. I never thought I would say that, I figured I would be itching, literally, to get out of this cast. But instead I'd like a new one. :) Give me one more week in a cast. :)

Almost of 6 weeks and no exercise has started to take its toll on me, mentally. I am losing motivation, not exactly super happy or excited about anything, very easily agitated, hardly any patience... worse than usual, etc. It's hard. I'm not sure what I'm going to do... just try to sleep alot until Friday when I get the update on my progress, I suppose. I wonder when I can start riding a bike and such? I don't think I'm quite ready to think about that yet. I can't imagine adding more pain onto what I have now. I want it to really feel awesome before I go and over work it...some more.

pain: 1
quote: "Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds." - Orison Swett Marden. crazy name.

No comments: