Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Day 34+


DSC00652_72
Originally uploaded by megalitz
So technically today is day 34 of post-op, but this photo was taken on day 30. It will be 5 weeks post op tomorrow, hard to believe. Well, maybe not so hard. I was having a lot of pain last week, so I called the Dr., and went in for a replacement cast. After quite a bit of pain that day, I'd say I got up to 4-5 range, it finally subsided after a full 24 hours in the new, tighter cast. I was at 0 pain over the weekend, but that quickly ended sunday evening. If I stay in bed and don't move all weekend, I can get my pain down pretty low. But how realistic is that?

I'm at a 4 again right now. It feels like there is a pocket of swelling on the bottom inside of my foot that just will not go away. strange, but that is where it hurts the absolute most. it is taking all of my attention away from any other pain. I'd say my foot looks about the same now as it did day 13, when the splint was removed and i got my first cast. maybe sub the redness for dry, cracked skin.

i cant even finish this post, i have to get something to drink to take some pain meds. uh, advil is sooo over-rated. the good news is im not taking much of the pain killers anymore, and actually went without them entirely for a good week and a half. now i take maybe 175 mg at night. my Rx is for like 500 mg every 4 hours. so i'm doing well id say!

okay, more tomorrow.

pain: 4
quote: ahh! where are my cards?! quote coming later! eek!

No comments: