Sunday, December 21, 2008

Day 46+


DSC00556_13+30+44_72
Originally uploaded by megalitz
O-kay, I went and got cast #2 removed a couple days ago. I didn't get as close to passing out as I did when they removed the first cast, but still had to lie down for a moment. So I'm now in a walking boot that I am not allowed to walk in. Hilarious. But that's okay, I'm not ready to walk yet. My bones hurt so much. The ligaments, the tendons, the screw, everything hurts so much.

Friday (cast removal day) and Saturday were pretty much unbearable. Being out of that nice, protective cast was quite a shock to my entire leg. It, nor I, were very happy. But it was nice to be able to wash and shave my leg, and put some lotion on the ENORMOUS cracks on my foot. The pain was incredible. My foot is SO tight, as expected, but I didn't expect my heel to hurt whenever I move my foot. Every time. Not to mention that the surgeon's assistant GRABBED MY HEEL...hello....?! And that wasn't even the worst part. As they are fitting me for the boot, they are strapping one of the straps across the top of my foot and they squeezed it too tight and if felt like they broke a bone in the top of my foot. Instant tears. The surgeon came back by, incredibly confused, asking what was wrong, b/c I was just fine two minutes ago. :) Yay. So that sucked. It was like they pushed a button that was marked "cry." And tears came without actually *crying* if that makes sense, and then they were gone. Wow. I shouldn't have written all that, I'm not sure I ever want to relive that.

However, it is Sunday and after 2 days of vicodin and tears, I feel much, much better! Thank God!! I know I have already gained a bit of flexibility, the pain is nowhere near as intense, and my foot is not as hypersensitive as it was Friday. I am still non-weightbearing for four more weeks, but that's okay. I'm laying around sans boot b/c I don't like it...it's wayyy too heavy, my poor baby leg and ankle can't support the weight of it. I mean, my leg is the size of my arm. How am I supposed to hold any weight?! I have no muscle! Heck, I don't even have anything besides bone and a thin layer of skin over my shinbone! I hope I don't cut my leg shaving b/c I'll probably accidentally shave off some of my bone! What do skinny people do when they have to shave their legs?!

Okay, enough from me. Pic above is day 13, 30 and two of day 44 (before and after shower).

Pain: it hurts
Quote: box is at work. :(

No comments: