Sunday, November 16, 2008

Day 11+


DSC00492_72
Originally uploaded by megalitz
Is it really only day 11? Hmmm, thought I was further along than that. Well, I feel the same today, pretty good, considering. We went out to dinner last night for Juan's birthday, again, and it was extremely difficult. There's just no way to get comfortable, keeping your leg elevated in restaurant chairs. I fought back tears several times, but was successful. It felt so good to get home, back in bed, with my foot raised. Ugh. I'm so sick of being in this stupid bed, it's starting to drive me nuts. I don't have the motivation to do projects like I thought I would. I set myself up with plenty of things to do, but I find myself just laying here, watching mostly mindless tv and being lazy. It's hard when you're in bed 24 hours a day. I can't wait until I don't have to elevate my leg constantly. I wonder what the doctor will say? Am I behind schedule? Should I be able to have it hang by now? I wonder what it looks like under there? I will probably not be happy when I see it, only because this huge splint gives me this false sense of security/confidence. But when my foot is out in the open, not surrounded by inches and inches of padding and metal support, I'm certain I'll want that cast on there ASAP.

This picture is of me and Juan waiting for my name to be called to go back and get all suited up for surgery, it's 630am and i am THIRSTY!!! that no eating/drinking thing is rough. :)

Pain today: It's hard to judge, there's no more pain when I am just laying here. If I shift the splint so it hits the side of my ankle, yes, that hurts, it gets very sore, but I can't really gauge the pain at this point. But to give it a number, I'll give it a 2.
Quote: "The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; The optimist, the opportunity in every difficulty." -L.P. Jacks

1 comment:

Kimbers said...

I'm going to be annoying and expand on the positive quotes :) So, you aren't 'lazy.' You have to remember what the definition of lazy really is, and how it doesn't relate to your situation whatsoever. Remember, you are laying in bed and resting so you can heal, and be stronger. Your body can't heal and fight and gain strength without you giving it the opportunity, which is achieved by resting, not to be confused with laziness. :)