Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day 20+


DSC00561_72
Originally uploaded by megalitz
Almost 3 weeks since surgery. I can't believe it's only day 20.
Feels like forever has gone by! I feel pretty good! I still can't have it hang for long, but there has been a definite improvement though. I'm up to a couple minutes from 10-30 seconds. I guess that proves it really has only been 20 days, I have plenty a ways to go so I won't over react just yet that it cant hang for hours on end.

Yesterday was my first day of work since Oct. 24th. It was great to be back, I'm so tired of being in my condo alone all day! Much better being here. Only problem, not very comfy. I mean, I am posted up on our couches, but for some reason my foot goes numb and my heel hurts like crazy. I did a decently long day yesterday, a full one for sure, which made it really sore. Then we headed up to Plano for Juan's mom's bday party, it hurt! Why, every time I see them, must I be in the worst shape?! I feel so bad! I came home last night and passed out the second I layed down. Woke up a few hours later to actually wash my face and brush my teeth!

It feels better this morning, I'd like to be able to last all day. At least its a short week. I'm happy to be back, I don't really want to leave! I was contemplating calling the Dr., my cast is sooo loose already, and it's only been 1 week. I'm worried that in another 3.5 it will be much too loose, and my ankle will have been banging around too much in the cast. I'm wondering if I should come in at the halfway mark and get a tighter one? Eh, whatever. I'll be fine.

Pain: 2
Quote: "The delay of our dreams does not mean they have been denied." - Sarah Ban Breathnach

No comments: