Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day 4+

hurts today, of course, but its a different kind of hurt. the areas around the incisions are sore i know for a fact, w/o knowing exactly where the incisions are. ive had my leg elevated since i left the hospital, and now i actually think my foot is numb because its been elevated so long. so i had to try to get some blood flowing back to it, but that's difficult b/c it's painful!

i can move my toes voluntarily today, without too much pain. i haven't taken much pain medicine today b/c i dont like how it makes me feel. but the pain is coming back in full force so i think ill take some tonight. i was up for most of the day today, feels like a long day! yesterday i had slept all day. 

i also took a shower! this is big news! its definitely difficult, but it wasn't as bad as i thought it was. its harder to gather the strength to get to the bathroom then to actually take a bath!  my toes won't stop tingling, not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. it feels like the circulation is cut off, but i'm in a splint, not a cast, so there should be some room for swelling. and it couldn't be more swollen than when i left the hospital.

well, thats enough for me, the computer puts me to sleep, something about the screen...goodnight.

approx. pain level today: 5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man i didn't even think about that...yeah taking a shower or bath must be really tough.

my friend bridget broke her leg when she first moved to chicago and she has a terrible time getting around (since they had no car.)

is juan taking good care of you? i bet he is. :)

k i'm gonna go catch up on your other posts. muah!

Melissa said...

hi! yeah i have to take a bath downstairs, and its actually not as hard as i thought it would be. i just hang my right leg outside the tub. :) i got a new shower head, the removable kind, before surgery b/c i knew it would make things easier. that helps a ton.

and yes, juan is taking wonderful care of me.!