Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 9+


DSC00423_72
Originally uploaded by megalitz
Well, I thought I'd post a more positive picture today, in an attempt to cheer me up and remind me that I will, one day, be normal again. I feel crappy today, not really sure why. I feel like I'm sick, but I know I'm not. Probably just a little depressed, with good reason. I get my cast on Tuesday, I almost can't believe it. Exciting to move onto phase 2, but I'm also nervous because my foot gets really sore in the splint, and it will be worse in the cast because there is less padding there.

Anyways, just rambling. My foot is the same as its been the last three days, a terrible horrible feeling when I don't have it elevated. I can let it down for about 45 seconds before I can't bear it. I was hoping to be past 2 minutes by now. Oh well. At least my sister is coming to visit next weekend!

Pain today: 4.5
Quote: "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."" -Mary Anne Radmacher

1 comment:

Kimbers said...

Hey Gorgeous!

You're tough. Whether it's 45 seconds or 2 minutes, it's not like you aren't trying to move around and make things better. I like this positive picture a lot! Maybe we can take some positive pictures this weekend. Can't wait! I just have to make it through today and tomorrow and then it should be downhill (I hope), until I see you!!! Yay. Because it snowed a smidge here. Not cool...

~Your sister