Monday, November 10, 2008

Day 5+


DSC00530_72
Originally uploaded by megalitz
Well, I feel a bit better! It's nice! I actually didn't sleep the whole day away, which was nice. Maybe I will again tomorrow, I dunno. I got really excited today and showered, as best I could, and cleaned up my new bedroom (our living room) a bit, kinda organized our new entertainment center, then after that my foot was kiiiiilling me so i had to take some meds and now i have about five minutes before i am out.

Juan snuck some photos of me knocked out this past week. They are pretty funny, I'm so passed out, pain killers are no joke! I feel like I should be on Intervention, I started this post with a bunch of things to say, but I can't remember any of them at the time. *sigh*.

My sister sent me a really sweet gift. It was a little card file/box she made, and it was filled with notecards. On the back of each notecard, she wrote a motivational/inspirational quote to help me with my recovery. I will post the day's quote along with the pain rating on the bottom of each post. Although it's pretty sore right now (mainly from my activity earlier), it feels pretty good. I did call the nurse today, I wasn't sure what to do b/c I would elevate my foot all day/night long, but then I would lose feeling in my toes, but when I put my leg back down, all the blood would rush to the bottom of my foot and I felt like it was swelling. She said it's normal, and not to worry. :)

Pain average today: 5
Quote of the day: "When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."
-Helen Keller

4 comments:

Rick, Renee, Lauren, the Twins said...

Congrats on making it through the worst of the pain. Reading your posts sure brought back some memories.

Before you know it you'll be back up and running around and showing people your "cool" scar. My little 14 month old daughter likes to point to my scars and grunt as if saying what's that all about?

Rick, Renee, Lauren, the Twins said...

Sorry should have left my "signature"

Rick Gangwer
Plattsburgh, NY

Fellow calcaneal osteotomy survivor.

Melissa said...

yes i cant wait for that moment, when i can point out my cool scar! seems so far away! how do you feel these days, fully recovered? do you still have your screw? can you feel it? does it bother you?

Melissa said...

you know what, rick, reading your blog now is so amazing...i mean, it was cool reading it before the surgery, but you're exactly right, its so surreal... until its over. our posts are very similar except that i didnt stay in the hospital, just let me sleep til i woke up then i was out. so i only got one dose of morphine. :( but i did get two nerve block pain shots (like epiderals) so that was super, although not so super going in...ouch. okay, i need drugs, im so uncomfortable. more later.