Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 12+


DSC00515_72
Originally uploaded by megalitz
First day of tears. I want to go outside soooo badly. It's 76 and sunny and I'm tied to this stupid bed. I just want to go outside. I'm so bored, unmotivated, it's so not me. I can't stop crying. to be continued....


OOOOkay, I have regained my composure, thank you Mister House. I was able to get outside (in the daylight) and we took a nice drive in the new car with the top down to Paciugo and got some gelato. The perfect fix. I feel much better having gotten to see the outside world in the light. Who would've guessed, the trees are changing color? Go figure?! 

Foot is the best today that it's been. I feel like I can have it down for a minute or so, depending on what I'm doing, before the pins and needles set in. I'm going to load up on the advil tonight, and although this will be two full days free of pain meds, I might let myself have one tomorrow depending on how painful the Dr. appt. is. Hopefully it won't be bad. I'd like to be rid of the meds until I really start rehabbing, or god forbid, get another injury...eek, dare I even say that at this point?! I guess it's realistic, although not optimal.

Pain today: 2
Quote: this made me laugh, especially following my iPhone shenanigans....Apparently you can hear a lot better if you remove the sticker covering the earpiece, I'll leave it at that. :) "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas Edison

*Photo is a picture of my heel now, with screw in place. This one's really mine.

No comments: